Welding Technology Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to provide students with an understanding of the terminology, concepts, procedures and skills used in the welding field to equip them with the fundamental skills necessary for entry- and intermediate-level employment as a combination welder.
|WELD 010||Introduction to Welding||2|
|WELD 012||Oxy-Fuel Welding||2|
|WELD 015||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding - Beginning||3|
|WELD 016||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding - Intermediate||4|
|WELD 027||Inspection of Welds: Destructive Testing||3|
|or WELD 028||Inspection of Welds: Non-Destructive Examination|
|WELD 045||Shielded Metal Arc Welding - Beginning||3|
|WELD 046||Shielded Metal Arc Welding - Intermediate||4|
|WELD 060||Fabrication and Layout - Beginning||4|
|WELD 066||Preparation for Los Angeles City Welding Welding Certification - Structural (AWS D1.1)||3|
|WELD 080||Gas Metal Arc Welding - Beginning||3|
|WELD 081||Gas Metal Arc Welding - Intermediate||4|
|WELD 090||Flux Cored Arc Welding - Gas Shielded||4|
|WELD 091||Flux Cored Arc Welding - Self Shielded||4|
|TECALC 087||Technical Calculations||4|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Show an understanding of the safety precautions for working in a welding lab and demonstrate an awareness of the importance of safety in welding.
- Use tools related to the welding industries.
- Read and interpret prints and shop drawings to produce quality welds.
- Read and understand Welding Procedure Specifications to produce quality welds.
- Fabricate and layout parts that meet quality standards.
- Determine the causes of a weld failure using the knowledge and skills developed in destructive testing and correctly develop a new welding procedure that meets AWS code requirements for structural steel.
- Perform visual inspection on weld specimens along with dye penetrant, magnetic particle and ultrasonic examination. Students must also be able to write a clear and concise reports describing what type of weld discontinuity and reference it to a specific welding code.
- Pass a Welder Performance Qualification Test that meets the standard of acceptability to a National Standard.