Pipe Welding Certificate of Achievement
This certificate will give students an introduction into pipe welding with all of the four major welding processes used in the industry. These include SMAW, GMAW, FCAW-G, FCAW-S, and GTAW.
|WELD 017||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding - Advanced||3|
|WELD 047||Preparation for Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Pipe||3|
|WELD 048||Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) - Pipe||4|
|WELD 082||Gas Metal Arc Welding - Advanced||3|
|WELD 092||Flux Cored Arc Welding - Advanced||3|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Show an understanding of the safety precautions for working in a welding lab and demonstrate an awareness of the importance of safety in welding.
- Use tools related to the welding industries.
- Read and interpret prints and shop drawings to produce quality welds.
- Read and understand Welder Procedure Specification to produce quality welds.
- Fabricate and layout parts that meet quality standards.
- Pass a Welder Performance Qualification Test that meets the standard of acceptability to a National Standard.