Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) Certificate of Achivement
This certificate is designed to provide students with training in Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW). GTAW is commonly known as TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas Welding). Students will work with Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum in both plate and pipe applications. Industry Certifications are stressed.
|WELD 012||Oxy-Fuel Welding||2|
|WELD 015||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding - Beginning||3|
|WELD 016||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding - Intermediate||4|
|WELD 017||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding - Advanced||3|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Show an understanding of the safety precautions for working in a welding lab and demonstrate an awareness of the importance of safety in welding.
- Use tools related to the welding industries.
- Read and interpret prints and shop drawings to produce quality welds.
- Read and understand Welder Procedure Specification to produce quality welds.
- Fabricate and layout parts that meet quality standard.
- Pass a Welder Performance Qualification Test that meets the standard of acceptability to pass a National Standard.