Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to provide students with training in Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW). Metals will include Steel and Aluminum. Industry Certifications for both plate and pipe will be stressed.
|WELD 010||Introduction to Welding||2|
|WELD 080||Gas Metal Arc Welding - Beginning||3|
|WELD 081||Gas Metal Arc Welding - Intermediate||4|
|WELD 082||Gas Metal Arc Welding - Advanced||3|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Show an understanding of the safety precautions for working in a welding lab and demonstrate an awareness of the importance of safety in welding
- Use tools related to the welding industries
- Read and interpret prints and shop drawings to produce quality welds
- Read and understand Welder Procedure Specification to produce quality welds
- Fabricate and layout parts that meet quality standard
- Pass a Welder Performance Qualification Test that meets the standard of acceptability to pass a National Standard