Welding Job Readiness Certificate of Completion
This noncredit certificate is designed to complement the credit degree and certificates in the welding technology program by providing continuing education and practice for anyone in the welding industry. Focus is on Industry recognized welding certifications with the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) processes.
|WELD 645||Shielded Metal Arc Welding - Beginning||0|
|WELD 646||Shielded Metal Arc Welding - Intermediate||0|
|WELD 660||Fabrication and Layout - Beginning||0|
|WELD 666||Preparation for Los Angeles City Welding Certification - Structural (AWS D1.1)||0|
|WELD 680||Gas Metal Arc Welding - Beginning||0|
|WELD 681||Gas Metal Arc Welding - Intermediate||0|
|WELD 690||Flux Cored Arc Welding - Gas Shielded||0|
|WELD 691||Flux Cored Arc Welding - Self Shielded||0|
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Show an understanding of the safety precautions for working in a welding lab and demonstrate an awareness of the importance of safety in welding.
- Use tools related to the welding industries.
- Read and interpret prints and shop drawings to produce quality welds.
- Read and understand Welding Procedure Specifications to produce quality welds.
- Pass a Welder Performance Qualification Test that meets the standard of acceptability to a National Standard.