Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to provide students with training in Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW-G and FCAW-S). This is the semi-automatic welding process often used to replace Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) in many industrial applications. Industry certifications are stressed.
|WELD 010||Introduction to Welding||2|
|WELD 090||Flux Cored Arc Welding - Gas Shielded||4|
|WELD 091||Flux Cored Arc Welding - Self Shielded||4|
|WELD 092||Flux Cored Arc Welding - Advanced||3|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Show an understanding of the safety precautions for working in a welding lab and demonstrate an awareness of the importance of safety in welding
- Use tools related to the welding industries
- Read and interpret prints and shop drawings to produce quality welds
- Read and understand Welder Procedure Specification to produce quality welds
- Fabricate and layout parts that meet quality standard
- Pass a Welder Performance Qualification Test that meets the standard of acceptability to pass a National Standard