Information Security and Cyber Defense Certificate of Achievement
A comprehensive introduction to the principles of Information Assurance, Information Systems Security, and Cyber Defense. Program content and outcomes are aligned with industry certifications and the recommendations of the National Security Administration/US Department of Homeland Security. Includes practical experiences with the application of Information Assurance principles to Systems and Network Administration.
|CIT 101||Introduction to Computer Literacy||3|
|CIT 110||Information and Communications Technology Essentials||4|
|CIT 155||Systems and Network Administration||3|
|CIT 160||Introduction to Information Systems Security||3|
|CIT 232||Computer Network Fundamentals||3|
|Computer Programming - One course from the following:|
|CS 120||Introduction to Visual Basic.NET||3-4|
|or CIT 215||Database Management Systems|
|Statistics - One course from the following:|
|ECON 208||Business and Economic Statistics||4|
|or MATH 108||Introduction to Probability and Statistics|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Attain Industry recognized certification(s) such as EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker, Cisco Certified Network Associate - Security, or CompTIA Security+.
- Participate in a Student Cyber Security Competition such as Collegiate.
- Cyber Defense Competition, or National Cyber League.
- Complete a Cyber Security related internship experience.
- Obtain employment part-time or full-time in a Cyber Security related field.