Computer Network Support Specialist Certificate of Achievement
This course of study prepares students for entry-level employment in the computer networking field. The courses also prepare students to take multiple industry recognized certifications from Cisco Systems, including the CCENT, CCNA, and CCNA Security. Students will also be prepared to take the A+ certification examination from CompTIA and the MTA examination from Microsoft. Most of the courses in this Certificate are part of the Cisco Networking Academy Program.
|CIT 101||Introduction to Computer Literacy||3|
|CIT 110||Information and Communications Technology Essentials||4|
|CIT 091||Introduction to Networks (CCNA - Cisco Networking Academy)||3|
|CIT 092||Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials CCNA (Cisco Networking Academy)||3|
|CIT 093||Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation CCNA (Cisco Networking Academy)||3|
|CIT 099||Cisco Certified Network Associate Security||3|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Set up computer networks for various student networking competitions such as Cisco Net Riders and Western Regional Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (WRCCDC).
- Recognize and utilize concept of subnetting in any given network.
- Formulate and recognize proper topology when designing a new Network.
- Construct and secure Local Area Network (LAN) with a password.
- Construct and secure Wide Area Network (WAN) with a password.
- Design and produce industrial security policy documentation.