CIT - Management Information Systems Certificate of Achievement
The Management Information Systems Certificate offers a complete introduction to computers, specific training in selected software packages, advanced courses dealing with programming, Databases, and networks.
|CIT 031||Business English||3|
|CIT 101||Introduction to Computer Literacy||3|
|CIT 114||Spreadsheets: Excel||3|
|CIT 116||Database Management: Access||3|
|CIT 215||Database Management Systems||3|
|CIT 232||Computer Network Fundamentals||3|
|CS 120||Introduction to Visual Basic.NET||4|
|CIT 021||Word Processing: Comprehensive Microsoft Word||3-4|
|or CIT 102||Advanced Computer Literacy|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Solve a business need, discerning between authoritative and non-authoritative information sources, and the bias of the information source.
- Describe the Personal Computer (PC) system’s hardware and software architecture.
- Use the PC operating system and features of common Office applications, such as a spreadsheet and database management system.
- Analyze a business Information Technology (IT) need, identify different components required to solve the problem, and create a solution that uses an appropriate combination of commercial software applications.
- Recognize computer and network security threats and common approaches to preventing security compromises.
- Use Structured Query Language (SQL) to retrieve the records required by a business report and the structure of a relational database.
- Outline computer network solutions to a business problem.
- Prepare written reports and documentation on a giving system.