Computer Support Specialist Certificate of Achievement
The Computer Specialist Certificate is designed to provide students with skills in advanced computer technology pertaining to a wide variety of industry specific and government agency career paths.
Career Outlook: The rapid spread of computers and information technology has generated a need for highly trained workers proficient in various job functions. These jobs are categorized under the heading of Computer Specialist in the EDD Labor Market Information Occupational Projection Report. The Computer Specialist designation constitutes 97 percent of the Computer and Mathematical Occupations category. There are many career paths available mainly because employers' needs are so varied.
|CIT 091||Introduction to Networks (CCNA - Cisco Networking Academy)||3|
|CIT 092||Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials CCNA (Cisco Networking Academy)||3|
|CIT 101||Introduction to Computer Literacy||3|
|CIT 110||Information and Communications Technology Essentials||4|
|CIT 160||Introduction to Information Systems Security||3|
|CIT 155||Systems and Network Administration||3|
|or CIT 128||Introduction to Linux OS|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Recognize computer hardware and software concepts and recognize appropriate hardware and software to address an identified; Develop competency with Internet searching technology.
- Apply Computer Information Technology analysis concepts by writing an analytical comparison of the various solutions discussing relative merits in terms of effectiveness of solution, ease of implementation.
- Explain security implications in each organization and prepare a security policy document.
- Explain which ethical judgement option is the most ethical.
- Develop a computerized solution to a problem that uses different applications within the suite.
- Utilize automation capabilities of the suite to create an integrated query using Structured Query Language (SQL) to retrieve information.
- Identify the various components of computer network technology and describe their basic function within the context of the network.