Media Development Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to prepare students for career paths in story development and production planning for film, tv, and media. The emphasis is in writing and production planning.
|FTVM 102||Introduction to Media Aesthetics and Cinematic Arts||3|
|FTVM 120||Basic Writing for Broadcasting||3|
|FTVM 121||Media Writing||3|
|FTVM 122||Acting and Directing for Television and Film||3|
|or FTVM 130||Survey of TV Studio and Film Production|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Qualify for entry-level work in media, television, or film development
- Have an online portfolio of work to demonstrate entry-level skills
- Write a resume for entry level employment in media, television, or film development
- Write scripts for all forms of media content
- Produce a concept pitch for a media project
- Qualify for transfer to a four-year institution