Automotive Wheel Alignment and Brakes Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry-level work as an automotive technician working in the area of wheel alignment and brake repair.
|AUTO 050||Automotive Brakes||3|
|AUTO 050L||Automotive Brakes - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 052||Automotive Suspension and Steering||3|
|AUTO 052L||Automotive Suspension and Steering - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems||4|
|or HMDT 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems|
|AUTO 084||General Automotive Technology||3|
|AUTO 084L||General Automotive Technology - Laboratory||1|
|Complete one of the following or Place into Transfer-Level MATH Course:|
|TECALC 087||Technical Calculations||4|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify auto shop safety practices.
- Explain the utilization of automotive brake, suspension, electrical, and preventative maintenance systems tools.
- Summarize the theory and concepts of the automotive brake, suspension, electrical and preventive maintenance systems.
- Practice auto shop safety.
- Apply the proper use of hand tools used on the automotive brake, suspension, electrical and preventive maintenance systems.
- Perform the service and repair of automotive brake, suspension, electrical and preventative maintenance systems.