Automatic and Manual Transmission Certificate of Achievement
This certificate prepares students to gain entry-level employment in maintenance and repair of automotive and hybrid vehicle transmissions. Transmission technicians work with some of the most advanced technology in the auto service industry, including computer command control on electronic gear trains, couplings, hydraulic pumps and other transmission components.
|AUTO 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems||4|
|or HMDT 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems|
|AUTO 075||Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles||3|
|AUTO 075L||Automotive Transmissions and Transaxles - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 077||Manual Transmissions and Transaxles||3|
|AUTO 077L||Manual Transmissions and Transaxles - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 084||General Automotive Technology||3|
|AUTO 084L||General Automotive Technology - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 090||Engine Repair||3|
|AUTO 090L||Engine Repair - Laboratory||1|
|Complete the following or place into a transfer-level MATH course:||0-4|
|TECALC 087||Technical Calculations||4|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify auto shop safety practices.
- Explain the utilization of automotive tools.
- Summarize the theory and concepts of automotive powertrain and electrical systems.
- Practice auto shop safety.
- Apply the proper use of hand tools used in automotive powertrain and electrical systems.
- Perform the service and repairs of automotive powertrain and electrical systems.