Automotive Preventative Maintenance Technician Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to prepare students for employment as technicians performing entry-level preventative maintenance and minor repairs. Typical duties include new car preparation, vehicle inspections and assisting master technicians.
|AUTO 050||Automotive Brakes||3|
|AUTO 050L||Automotive Brakes - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 052||Automotive Suspension and Steering||3|
|AUTO 052L||Automotive Suspension and Steering - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems||4|
|or HMDT 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems|
|AUTO 084||General Automotive Technology||3|
|AUTO 084L||General Automotive Technology - Laboratory||1|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify auto shop safety practices.
- Explain the utilization of automotive preventative maintenance service and repair tools including brake, suspension, and electrical systems.
- Summarize the theory and concepts of automotive preventive maintenance service repair including, brake, suspension, and electrical systems.
- Demonstrate and practice auto shop safety.
- Apply the proper use of hand tools used in automotive preventive maintenance service and repair systems including, brake, suspension, and electrical systems.
- Perform the preventive maintenance service and repairs of automotive systems including, brake, suspension, and electrical systems.