Automotive Wheel Alignment and Brakes Associate of Science Degree
The degree prepares students for entry-level work in front wheel and four-wheel alignment and brake repair. The technician can move into advanced automotive opportunities such as service advising and manufacturer corporate positions.
|AUTO 050||Automotive Brakes||3|
|AUTO 050L||Automotive Brakes - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 052||Automotive Suspension and Steering||3|
|AUTO 052L||Automotive Suspension and Steering - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems||4|
|or HMDT 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems|
|AUTO 084||General Automotive Technology||3|
|AUTO 084L||General Automotive Technology - Laboratory||1|
|MATH 102||College Algebra||4|
To earn an SBVC Associate Degree students must complete one of the following general education patterns:
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify auto shop safety practices.
- Explain the utilization of automotive brake, suspension, electrical, and preventative maintenance systems tools.
- Summarize the theory and concepts of the automotive brake, suspension, electrical and preventive maintenance systems.
- Demonstrate and practice auto shop safety.
- Apply the proper use of hand tools used on the automotive brake, suspension, electrical and preventive maintenance systems.
- Perform the service and repair of automotive brake, suspension, electrical and preventative maintenance systems.