Automotive Engine Performance Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry level work as an engine performance specialist, diagnostic technician, or a state certified Smog check and repair technician. Students will become familiar with computer systems, hybrid and electrical systems, basic engine diagnosis, emissions repair, and the Smog certification test.
|AUTO 062||Engine Performance||3|
|AUTO 062L||Engine Performance - Laboratory||1|
|AUTO 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems||4|
|or HMDT 064||Auto/Truck Electrical Systems|
|AUTO 065||Electrical Systems Diagnosis and Repair||4|
|AUTO 090||Engine Repair||3|
|AUTO 090L||Engine Repair - Laboratory||1|
|Complete the following or place into a transfer-level MATH course:||0-4|
|TECALC 087||Technical Calculations||4|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Diagnose and repair engine performance related repairs to automobiles.
- Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems.
- Diagnose and repair emission systems.
- Diagnose and repair ignition systems.
- Diagnose and repair fuel systems.
- Prepare students for A.S.E. tests A-6; A-8 and L-1.
- Perform basic maintenance related to hybrid and electric vehicles.