Leadership Certificate of Achievement
The certificate in Leadership provides students with a foundation and understanding of basic business philosophies, skills and techniques that are required to become productively employed in assisting in the management of a business enterprise. This program is designed for students who wish to prepare for a career in the administration of modern organizations. It surveys the functional operations of business organizations, giving special consideration to the management of human resources, law, ethics, marketing, accounting practices, and economics.
|ACCT 200||Financial Accounting||4|
|BUSAD 110||Human Resource Management||3|
|BUSAD 120||Business Management/Leadership||3|
|BUSAD 127||Business Communication||3|
|BUSAD 151||Human Relations||3|
|BUSAD 210||Business Law||3|
|CIT 101||Introduction to Computer Literacy||3|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of current management/leadership practices and problems related to human behavior in organizations. They will understand the theories related to actual business practices and diagnose the organizational context and its critical importance. Analysis and discussions will encompass planning, organizing, controlling, decision making, communication, motivation, leadership, human resource development, information systems, and social responsibility.
- Develop a comprehensive set of practical skills and tools to rely on through leadership practice. Such skills and tools include time management, meeting management and agenda setting, group dynamics and team building.
- Communicate effectively (utilizing written and spoken word, non-verbal language, electronic tools, and listening skills) in order to develop relationships, manage conflicts, and work across differences.
- Develop an understanding of change processes, and be able to think critically about obstacles to change.
- Understand how ethics, morals, and values relate to their leadership dilemmas.
- Develop a range of leadership skills and abilities such as effectively leading change, resolving conflict and motivating others.