Career Essentials for the Business World Certificate of Completion
This noncredit certificate teaches students how to be effective and productive in their job search strategy in the business career fields. Students learn to locate employment, how to research companies, how to write a resume, proper interviewing techniques, and how to utilize social media for online access to professional opportunities and networking. It helps to focuses on personal skills, professional behaviors, and tools to help students succeed in any business career and learn soft and hard skills applicable to many occupations and empower students to thrive professionally. This program provides you with the necessary tools and techniques to enter the workforce and develop employability skills. Topics include - career research and planning, self-assessment, effective job searches, writing resumes and cover letters, job applications, developing reference lists, interviewing techniques, appropriate workplace behaviors/culture/etiquette, hard & soft skills, diversity in the workplace, effective communication skills, and fundamental academic skills.
|BUSAD 600||Empowering Yourself in Pursuit of a Career in the Business World||0|
|BUSAD 601||Essential Writing Skills for Employment in the Business World||0|
|BUSAD 602||Interview Skills for the Business World||0|
|BUSAD 603||Understanding the Hidden Job Market in the Business World||0|
|BUSAD 604||Starting Work and Staying Employed in the Business World||0|
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe the techniques needed to improve career readiness and to secure a job in the business world.
- Define the job search process.
- Recognize the qualities, skills, and abilities needed when applying for jobs within the business world.
- Create a professional resume, cover letter, and other resources needed for a successful job search.
- Describe how to communicate and work cooperatively with individuals in the workplace.
- Develop the desired employment skills such as working on a team, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Give examples of the benefits of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Explain how the dynamic workplace requires the need for continuous learning and acquisition of new skills.