Pharmacy Technology Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to prepare the student for entry-level employment as a pharmacy technician, assisting pharmacists to provide medication and other healthcare products to patients; receiving and verifying written prescriptions, requests for prescription refills from patients, or electronic prescriptions sent from doctors’ offices; retrieving, counting, pouring, weighing, measuring, and sometimes mixing medications; and preparing containers and labels for medications. Technicians may also establish and maintain patient profiles, prepare insurance claim forms, and stock and take inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
|Complete the following courses with a grade of C or better.|
|PHT 060||Pharmacy System I||3|
|PHT 062||Pharmacology I||3|
|PHT 064||Pharmacy Calculations||3|
|PHT 070||Pharmacy Systems II||3|
|PHT 071||Pharmacology II||3|
|PHT 072||Pharmacy Clinical Experience||5|
|PHT 074||Pharmacy Seminar||2|
|One course from the following:||4|
|BIOL 100||General Biology||4|
|BIOL 155||Introductory Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|BIOL 250||Human Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|BIOL 260||Human Anatomy||4|
|CHEM 101||Introductory Chemistry||4|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Prepare and distribute medicines to patients while working closely with pharmacists in hospitals, drug stores, and other medical settings.
- Examine prescription orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Use technology to maintain accurate patient records, prepare and package medicine, and process orders.
- Implement safety and cleanliness regulations, rules, and procedures.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership for the health care needs of our diverse communities.
- Solve sample questions aligning with the PTCB-Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam.