Pharmacy Technology Associate of Science Degree
To earn an Associate Degree with a specialization in Pharmacy Technology, students must complete the required courses plus the general breadth requirements (minimum total = 60 units).
|Complete the following courses with a grade of C or higher.|
|PHT 060||Pharmacy System I||3|
|PHT 062||Pharmacology I||3|
|PHT 064||Pharmacy Calculations||3|
|PHT 070||Pharmacy Systems II||3|
|PHT 071||Pharmacology II||3|
|PHT 072||Pharmacy Clinical Experience||5|
|PHT 074||Pharmacy Seminar||2|
|One course from the following:|
|BIOL 100||General Biology||4|
|BIOL 155||Introductory Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|BIOL 250||Human Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|BIOL 260||Human Anatomy||4|
|CHEM 101||Introductory Chemistry||4|
To earn an SBVC Associate Degree students must complete one of the following general education patterns:
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Prepare and distribute medicines to patients while working closely with pharmacists in hospitals, drug stores, and other medical settings.
- Examine prescription orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Use technology to maintain accurate patient records, prepare and package medicine, and process orders.
- Implement safety and cleanliness regulations, rules, and procedures.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership for the health care needs of our diverse communities.
- Solve sample questions aligning with the California State Board of Pharmacy licensure.