Electric Power Technology Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to provide students with the fundamentals of electronics technology as it applies to industrial electricity. The curriculum prepares students for entry-level positions in electrical maintenance, installation, field service, networking, and apprenticeship in the field of electric power technology.
|TECALC 087||Technical Calculations||4|
|ELECTR 110||Direct Current Circuit Analysis||3|
|ELECTR 111||Direct Current Circuit Laboratory||1|
|ELECTR 115||Alternating Current Circuit Analysis||3|
|ELECTR 116||Alternating Current Circuit Laboratory||1|
|ELECTR 155||Electronic Drawing and Assembly||3|
|ELECTR 230||Semiconductor Devices||3|
|ELECTR 235||Solid State Circuit Analysis||4|
|ELECTR 265||Digital Logic Design||4|
|ELECTR 266||Microprocessor Technology With Assembly Language||4|
|ELECTR 270||Linear Integrated Circuit Analysis||4|
|ELEC 216C||Introduction to Industrial Electricity||4|
|ELEC 217C||Industrial Electricity||4|
|ELEC 218C||Controlling Industrial Electricity||4|
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Be prepared to transfer to an accredited, 4-year college or university with junior class standing in electronics technology or a related major.
- Select and operate electronic test equipment during troubleshooting and repair operations, with an emphasis on safety in use and accuracy in results.
- Analyze, interpret, diagram the information in the correct sections of the National Electrical Code and install electrical wiring and components.
- Effectively communicate with and advise customers and co-workers, both written and orally, regarding the progress of and decisions made concerning test and repair procedures.
- Sit for industry/Federal-style examinations on the theory and procedures of electronic technology.