Web and Multimedia Design Certificate of Achievement
The Web and Multimedia Design Certificate provides students with a strong foundation in digital media allowing them to adapt and respond to dynamic trends in web technologies. In this certificate program students engage in practical, hands-on, realistic projects. The program provides students with the entry level competencies for employment as a Web Developer or other position which requires knowledge to produce a variety of computer, Web, and/or multimedia graphics.
|ENGL 101||Freshman Composition||4|
|or ENGL 101H||Freshman Composition-Honors|
|ART 120||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 148||Fundamental Graphic Design Principles and Digital Practices||3|
|ART 161||Digital Photography||3|
|ART 185||Beginning Website Design||3|
|ART 186||Interactive Web Design||3|
|One course from the following:||3|
|Design Thinking in Visual Communication|
|Beginning 3D Digital Animation and Visualization|
|Introduction to Business|
|One Art History Course from the following:||3|
|Art History: The Stone Age to the Middle Ages|
|Art History: Renaissance to Present|
or ART 102H
|Art History: Renaissance to Present - Honors|
|History of Modern Art|
|Art History: Africa, Oceania and the Americas|
|Art of Mexico and Mesoamerica|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Integrate design skills into their aesthetic sensibility.
- Describe how art history trends affect web design today.
- Use basic concepts, tools, and techniques of digital media to produce art works concept to finished product.
- Choose the appropriate technical standards for design, typography and animation on the web.
- Develop an online portfolio that demonstrates preparation for work as an entry-level web designer.