Powerplant Maintenance Technician Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to prepare students to qualify for the Powerplant Certificate issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which enables the holder to maintain and repair aircrafts ranging from small aircraft used in general aviation to jets utilized by commercial airlines. The written examinations are administered by the FAA at computer testing centers.
|General/Calculations and Basic Electricity Airframe and Powerplant Technologies
|General Laboratory/Calculations And Basic Electricity Airframe and Powerplant Technologies
|General/Materials and Servicing Airframe and Powerplant Technologies
|General Laboratory/Materials and Servicing Airframe and Powerplant Technologies
|Powerplant Maintenance - Reciprocating Engine Overhaul
|Powerplant Maintenance Laboratory - Reciprocating Engine Overhaul
|Powerplant Maintenance - Accessory Overhaul
|Powerplant Maintenance Laboratory - Accessory Overhaul
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply general calculations and basic electricity of aviation as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Apply general materials and servicing of aviation as required by the FAA.
- Read and interpret powerplant manuals, charts, and task sheets.
- Perform required inspections, maintenance, and repairs on aircraft powerplants.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot aircraft powerplant systems and components.
- Use practical application skills to overhaul aircraft powerplants.
- Read and interpret powerplant overhaul manuals to measure and determine the serviceability of parts.
- Write descriptive and concise discrepancy reports.