Aviation Maintenance Technician Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to prepare students to qualify for the airframe and powerplant certificates issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), after passing the FAA testing students are able to work on airliners as well as general aviation. The written examinations are administered by the FAA at computer testing centers.
|AERO 050||General/Calculations and Basic Electricity Airframe and Powerplant Technologies||5|
|AERO 050L||General Laboratory/Calculations And Basic Electricity Airframe and Powerplant Technologies||2|
|AERO 051||General/Materials and Servicing Airframe and Powerplant Technologies||5|
|AERO 051L||General Laboratory/Materials and Servicing Airframe and Powerplant Technologies||2|
|AERO 052||Airframe Maintenance - Structures||6|
|AERO 052L||Airframe Maintenance Laboratory - Structures||5|
|AERO 053||Airframe Maintenance - Systems and Components||6|
|AERO 053L||Airframe Maintenance Laboratory - Systems and Components||5|
|AERO 054||Powerplant Maintenance - Reciprocating Engine Overhaul||6|
|AERO 054L||Powerplant Maintenance Laboratory - Reciprocating Engine Overhaul||5|
|AERO 055||Powerplant Maintenance - Accessory Overhaul||6|
|AERO 055L||Powerplant Maintenance Laboratory - Accessory Overhaul||5|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply general calculations and basic electricity of aviation as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Apply general materials and servicing of aviation as required by the FAA.
- Read and interpret aircraft airframe, and powerplant manuals.
- Perform required inspections on an aircraft.
- Use practical application skills to troubleshoot, service, and repair aircraft airframe and powerplant systems.
- Assess the serviceability of aircraft airframe, and powerplant system parts and components.
- Write descriptive and concise discrepancy reports.