Currently enrolled students who have had a minimum of one year active duty military service will receive three (3) units of credit toward CSU GE-Breadth Area E and Associate Degree: Option #2 requirements for Category V: Lifelong Learning and Self-Development. To obtain this credit, students need to provide a copy of their DD-214 (Service 2 or Member 4) or other official evidence of U.S. military service while on active duty. A Petition for Military Service Credit may be obtained from the Admissions and Records Office (AD/SS 100).

Students who completed coursework at other accredited colleges or universities while using veteran benefits, must submit official transcripts to the Admissions and Records Office, and request an official evaluation within two (2) semesters. To obtain credit for military coursework, students must provide a copy of their AARTS (Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System) or SMART (Sailor-Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript System) Transcript. The American Council on Education makes recommendations for college credit directly on the AARTS or SMART Transcript. It is advisable to meet with a counselor to determine if the military coursework will apply toward the selected degree major and/or general education requirements. If a determination is made to award credit towards a major, then a Modification of Major form needs to be completed by the appropriate department chair. The Credit for Military Training or DANTES form is available from the Articulation Officer located in the Counseling Center, AD/SS 103.