Computer Numerical Control - CAD & CAM Associate of Science Degree
To graduate with a specialization in Computer Numerical Control: CAD/CAM, students must complete the following required courses for the certificate plus the general breadth requirements for the Associate of Science Degree (minimum total = 60 units).
|MACH 021||Machine Shop I||4|
|MACH 022||Machine Shop II||4|
|MACH 090||Mechanical Print Reading||3|
|MACH 120||Machine Shop Theory||2|
|MACH 123||Machine Shop III||4|
|MACH 124||Machine Shop IV||4|
|Required Specialized Courses:|
|MACH 070||Computer Numerical Control Programming (CNC) I||3|
|MACH 071||Computer Numerical Control Programming II||3|
|MACH 072||Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing Programming I||3|
|MACH 073||Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing Programming II||3|
|MACH 074||Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining Setup and Operation||3|
|MACH 129||Manufacturing Processes||3|
To earn an SBVC Associate Degree students must complete one of the following general education patterns:
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Accurately hold tolerances to a given print within a 1/64th for fractions and within .001" for NIMS decimals.
- Program a part print utilizing the Cartesian coordinate systems.
- Download files from computer disks to machine control.
- Generate a part model in SolidWorks from a detailed dimensioned illustration or a mechanical drawing.
- Demonstrate the use of a gage 2000 Browne & Sharpe coordinate measuring machine.