Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Orientation and Training Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to provide students with the fundamentals and responsibilities involved with a Class A license, as it applies to the industry. It prepares students for what is expected with the everyday maintenance, field service, and networking within the industry and covers intrastate and interstate requirements of truck driving. Students will be prepared to take the DMV written test and practice driving a Class A truck with the use of truck simulators.
|HMDT 026||Computer Controlled Truck Engines||4|
|HMDT 028||Heavy-Duty Truck Systems||4|
|HMDT 035||Heavy-Duty Vehicle Automatic Transmissions||2|
|HMDT 040||Commercial Driver's License (CDL) DMV Exam Preparation||3|
|HMDT 041||Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Training Lab||1|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Complete maintenance service logs and service documents.
- Read maps.
- Explain the details that go into planning a trip.
- Prepare a drivers inspection report detecting preventive maintenance problems.
- Apply hooking and unhooking trailers practices.
- Perform all necessary adjustments, demonstrate sequential steps taken in inspection and maintenance heavy–duty truck brake systems, fuel systems, transmission maintenance and inspection and log material in a manner consistent with industry standards.
- Recognize the types of fuel and the fuel system and tune-up problems using various electronic test equipment.
- Perform routine servicing of heavy-duty vehicles by evaluating equipment conditions and successfully and safely removing and replacing tires and other equipment in a manner consistent with industry practices and safety standards.