Computer Science Associate of Science Degree
This degree is designed to provide students with the fundamentals of software engineering, information processing concepts, and programming to prepare them for entry-level positions as programmers for scientific and business applications.
|CIT 100||Introduction to Personal Computers||3|
|CS 077||Introduction to C-Sharp||4|
|CS 100||Advanced C-Sharp Programming||4|
|CS 102||Introduction to Python Programming||3|
|CS 110||Fundamentals of Computer Science||3|
|CS 120||Introduction to Visual Basic.NET||4|
|CS 220||Advanced Visual Basic.Net Programming||4|
|CS 190||Programming in C++||4|
|or CS 215||Programming with Java|
To earn an SBVC Associate Degree students must complete one of the following general education patterns:
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical coding principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members to analyze and develop program logic specific to any assigned project.
- Develop computer literacy skills to conduct basic research, assess new ideas and information and be prepared for lifelong learning.