Accounting Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions, updating and maintaining accounting records, calculating disbursements and receipts, tracking accounts payable and receivable, and determining profit and loss.
|ACCT 047||Computerized Accounting||3|
|ACCT 200||Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCT 201||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUSAD 100||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUSAD 210||Business Law||3|
|ECON 208||Business and Economic Statistics||4|
|or MATH 108||Introduction to Probability and Statistics|
|ECON 200||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|or ECON 200H||Principles of Macroeconomics - Honors|
|ECON 201||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|or ECON 201H||Principles of Microeconomics - Honors|
|ACCT 030||Federal and State Individual Income Taxation||4|
|ACCT 090||Payroll Accounting||3|
|MATH 102||College Algebra||4|
|CIT 101||Introduction to Computer Literacy||3|
|CIT 114||Spreadsheets: Excel||3|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Organize, analyze, and interpret measurable business transactions.
- Prepare financial statements by applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Communicate financial and managerial accounting information applying common methods of business communication.
- Recognize the value of diversity in opinions, values, abilities, and cultures in all business environments.
- Identify ethical and social responsibility issues facing today’s business.