Enrollment Fees and Refunds
|Enrollment Fee||$46 per unit|
|Enrollment Fee -Non-California Resident (Non-residents must pay all fees required of residents plus non-resident tuition). Exemption if enrolled in 6 or fewer units.||$332 per unit|
|All Non-California Resident Applicants- Capital Outlay||$33 per unit|
|Campus Center Fee||$1 per unit ($10 max annually)|
|Health & Accident Fee||$22|
|Transportation Fee (GO Smart)||$8 ($9 for 6 units or more)|
|Student Representation Fee||$2|
Payment of Fees
Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Payment can be made online through WebAdvisor, or,
- Drop the payment (check or money order) WRITE STUDENT ID NUMBER ON CHECK/MONEY ORDER in the Admissions and Records drop box located outside the Admissions and records office. (ADSS-100).
- As the student, you are responsible for dropping classes by the stated deadlines. If you register for a class and later change your mind, it is your responsibility to drop the class. You may be responsible for some or all of the fees for dropped courses as per the District Refund Policy (noted below).
- If you are a financial aid recipient, your award will not cover all of your fees. You are responsible to submit payment for any balance due.
An outstanding balance will result in a HOLD placed on your account.
A hold is placed on all student accounts with past due fees. The hold prevents students from registering for courses, and receiving certificates and diplomas. Additionally, students may not be able to participate in additional school activities, such as, field trips, while account is on a financial hold. The Financial/Outstanding Balance Hold will be released upon receipt of full payment.
- Designated fees include:
- Non-Resident Tuition
- Accident Insurance
- Student Center
- SBVC Student Representation
- Military service exception:
- If a student who is a member of an active or reserve military service receives orders compelling a withdrawal from courses, the District shall, upon petition of the affected student, refund the entire enrollment fee unless academic credit is awarded.
- Refund schedule:
This refund schedule applies to all fees listed in Section A:
- Fees are collected in error – Fees collected in error will be refunded in their entirety.
- Class cancelled by the college – If a class is cancelled by the college, enrollment and/or non-resident tuition fees will be refunded in their entirety. If that cancellation results in a student’s withdrawal from the college, refunds of the appropriate fees listed in Paragraph A will apply.
- Withdrawal from the college:
- Enrollment Fee/Non-Resident Tuition – If a student withdraws during the first two weeks of a full-term class or during the first 10% of a short-term class, enrollment fees and non-resident tuition fees will be refunded;
- Parking fee, Health fee, Accident Insurance fee, Student Services Card fee, Student Center fee, Student Representation fee, and Capital Outlay Fee – In order to be eligible for a refund, a student must withdraw prior to the first day of the term and attach decal/ proof to refund request within 30 days of instruction.
- Unit Reduction – If a change of program within the first two weeks of a full-term class or during the first 10% of a short-term class results in a reduction in the number of units taken, the enrollment fee or non-resident fee will be refunded at the per unit cost of the reduction.
- A student who withdraws from a class or the college after the second week of instruction for a full-term class or the first 10% of a short-term class is not eligible for any refund.
- It is the student’s responsibility to drop classes and pay all fees incurred.
- Refund processing fee:
A charge of $10.00 will be collected for each refund transaction not to exceed $10.00 per student per semester, except for cancelled classes or over-payment. Students must drop a class before it begins in order to not incur fees.
It takes approximately six to eight weeks to process a refund check. If a student wishes to apply the refund credit toward registration in another class, he/she must submit the drop and add at the same time.