Student Success and Support Program (SSSP)
Student Success and Support Program is a process designed to assist students in accomplishing their educational goals. The process brings the college and the student into an agreement for the purpose of realizing the student's educational goal. The primary purpose of SSSP is student success.
The college agrees to provide:
- Admissions application process.
- Orientation to the college's programs and services,
- Assessment of the student's study skills, English language proficiency, computational skills, goals, career aspirations, academic performance, and need for special services,
- Counseling and advisement to develop a Student Education Plan (SEP) and follow-up evaluation of each student's progress in achieving an educational goal.
The student agrees to:
- Express at least a broad educational intent upon admission,
- Declare an educational goal by the time the student has completed 15 units,
- Attend class,
- Work diligently to complete course assignments,
- Demonstrate an effort to attain an educational goal,
- Meet with a counselor to develop a Student Education Plan (SEP) that will meet his/her unique needs.
SSSP goals are partially fulfilled through the SDEV 001 class. Students who intend to graduate from San Bernardino Valley College are required to complete SDEV 001 during the first two semesters in which they are enrolled in nine (9) or more units.
Students may be exempt from this requirement upon completion of 30 plus units of college credit or AA/AS, and/or AA-T /AS-T degree. Additionally, career track students with vocational disciplines may apply for an exemption through the Department Chair or Division Dean of the area of study.