Machine Technology Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment in manufacturing using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and spindles to produce precision metal parts.
|MACH 021||Machine Shop I||4|
|MACH 022||Machine Shop II||4|
|MACH 090||Mechanical Print Reading||3|
|MACH 120||Machine Shop Theory||2|
|MACH 123||Machine Shop III||4|
|MACH 124||Machine Shop IV||4|
|TECALC 087||Technical Calculations||4|
Students working for certificates must have a basic knowledge of arithmetic, reading and writing in order to learn and work in the occupations they select.
This is a Gainful Employment Program
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Properly use hand grind cutting tools in machine tool cutting operations
- Set up a lathe to cut an external thread
- Demonstrate metrology utilizing precision measuring tools including steel rule, calipers, micrometer, surface plate, height gage, test indicators, etc.
- Calculate angles for work set-up
- Set up and operate a rapid indexing head
- Set part in surface grinder and grind a compound angle