International Students

San Bernardino Valley College is approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to admit non-immigrant international students who are taking lower division coursework for transfer to four-year institutions or who are taking coursework leading to a vocational training certificate or an associate degree. San Bernardino Valley College requires international students to submit or mail to the Counseling Center (AD/SS 103) complete international application packages, including the following items:

  • International student application for admission
  • Non-refundable processing fee of $25
  • A minimum score of 45-46 on the internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
  • Official transcripts (i.e., academic records) from high school and college(s) previously attended, accompanied by a notarized translation if the original is not in English or Form I-134
  • An affidavit of support form, an official bank letter and an original bank statement, verifying sufficient funds are available to cover all expenses while studying in the U.S.
  • Photocopy of passport
  • Photocopy of I-94, I-20 and visa, if the student is currently studying in the U.S.

The international application deadlines are May 1 for the Fall semester, October 1 for the Spring semester, and March 1 for the Summer sessions. International applicants living outside of the U.S. at the time of their applying to the college are strongly recommended to apply at least six months before the term starts. After submitting international application packages, applicants need to complete the General College Application online. Information about the international application can be found at the college’s website.

If an applicant is admitted to the college, students will receive a letter of acceptance, along with an I-20 Form (Certificate of Eligibility) issued by the college. Per USCIS regulations, international students must maintain full-time student status and enroll in at least 12 units per semester. International students are also required to purchase health insurance to cover the time they are residing in the U.S.