Progress Probation

Students will be placed on progress probation when they have attempted at least 12 units and have received course completion symbols of F, W, I and/or NP in 50 percent or more of these units. Students will be informed they are on progress probation by email and/or letter. The letter will list common causes of unsatisfactory progress and will recommend services for improving academic achievement. If the student on progress probation also has a grade point average of less than 2.00, they will not be allowed to register for additional courses until meeting with a counselor. Students will be released from progress probation status whenever more than fifty percent of all the units taken at the college have been completed with an assigned letter or P grade. In addition, students may appeal their probation status by making an appointment with a program counselor and completing the required paperwork.